a tribute to mc niff
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPhotos of Jim McNiff's career at DTC and his retirement send-off
- 1. Spanning the Decades30 Years of MemoriesJim McNiff
2. The Year 1976
- Wall Street Week w/Louis Ruykeser
- George Bush CIA Director
- DNA is discovered
- Berkshire Hathaway up 147%
- NYC falling into BANKRUPTCY
- British pound below $2
- First Female Anchor BARBARA WALTERS
- Alex Haley wins the Pulitzer for Roots
- West Point admits 119 Women
- US Forces withdraw - Vietnam
- MCNIFF departs Hanoi HEADS for the Boys Club ofAmerica for next 30 years
3. The Boys Club of America Flourishes Where are they Today? 4. Happenings Inside DTC - 1976
- MCNIFF YOURE HIRED
- DTC turns 1
- 100+ employees
- 26 Broadway
- Ahrens, Dentzer
- Mangold, Dirks
- Lee, Federochko
5. The 70s
- Everythings GROOVY!
- Marioscounting POSITIONS, lets see 1,2
- PLASTIC Thumbs
- PAPER stocks SOAR
- Coupon Clipping THRIVE
- RECYCLE Ah! The Ticker Tape Parade
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY The Dumb Terminal
- Whats a Stock Transfer?
- Who do you call The Stock Buster?Jim McNiff
6. The 80s
- Pioneers of Training
- Whats Diversity?
- No Women Yet?
- POPE does Battery Park
- 3 Time Winner AHOY Taub
- TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN
- Whats a Disaster Recovery?
- Glossary runs amuck
- How do I confirm?
- Get a Trainers on the phone? No cell phones
- The Trainers span the US!
- Who do you call?McNiff
7. The 80s: The Boys in Mid-Life Crisis 8. The 80s:The Women Arrive in Force 9. The 80s:The Boys Adapt 10. The 80s: How Sweet it is? 11. The 80s: The Women & Boys Unite 12. The 90s
- EXTREME MAKEOVERS
- EXTREME TAKEOVERS
- GLOBAL TRAINING
- WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? OLP
- PAPER; not POLITICALLY CORRECT
- POP and PTS RETIRE at 25
- PROTESTS OVER THE FOCUS BOOK
- SHRED! SHRED! SHRED!
- AUDITORS command BIG BUCKS
- IOPs; IOPS; IOPs
- YOUVE GOT MAIL! Not from USPS
- MCNIFFa HOUSEHOLD NAME
13. The 90s Continues with Extreme Makeovers 14. The New Millennium
- The Customer is KING
- The Date Survives
- The Tech Market Dies
- 9/11 CHANGES the World
- Cell Phones
- Universal Queue to save the WORLD
- MEASURE; MEASURE; MEASURE
- RISK is EVERYWHERE
- VIRUSES; Call Norton
- Order 1-ply not 2-ply toilet paper?
- What happened to Privacy
15. 21 stCenturyChange; Change; Change 16. 21 stCenturyChange; Change; Change
- You can take the Boy out of Brooklyn;
- But, youll never take Brooklyn out of the Boy
17. 21 stCenturyChange; Change; Change
- Ah! The Art of Decision-making
18. 21 stCentury 19. The Places Never Change 20. The Places Never Change 21. The End of a Century 22. Memoirs to a Friend
- In the almost 30 years I have been here, Jim was the best teacher, mentor and boss I ever had.He always guided and taught even when he reprimanded.The man has a dignity and character rarely found these day's, a true class act.His smile was infectious and his upbeat attitude kept many of us going when we wanted to scream.Jimplease know that all of us down here in the Customer Help Center at SBC send our love and gratitude to him for being such a kind and compassionate leader as well as a true friend.
23. Memoirs to a Friend
- Name that Director. Jim and I are coming back from lunch and we catch site of a DTC Director walking out of the mens room with his suit jacket tucked deep in his pants. Jim and I, in silence knew the drill and burst out laughing. And, for a week every time thereafter we saw him we whined hysterically.Ariel Fernandez
24. Memoirs to a Friend
- The best years at DTC for me was being Jims secretary.He was every secretarys dream of a great boss; in other words hardly a BOSS.He had a smile on his face every day and seldom did he ever get angry.I remember a funny incident I walked into Jims office, he was so busy and didnt look up to see who was there, assuming it was one of his buddies he said What the F do you want? After he looked up at me, he apologized for weeks.
- Best Wishes in your Retirement,
25. Memoirs to a Friend
- A Gentleman Always
- An Educator Best in Class
- A Boss who Cared
- A Man of Strength, Dignity & Knowledge
- A Humble Man; who many Admired
- I will never forget how you took charge of getting us home safe to my parents on 9/11..
- You showed so many how it needs to be done
- Stand Tall my Friend and reflect upon all of the achievements you left behind for DTCC and may allyou pursue in the future bring every Happiness throughout your lifetime.
- Carol De Bock (aka Kruger)
26. Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy & Peaceful Retirement