A Partnership Los Angeles Unified School District Centinela, Compton, Inglewood, and Lynwood Unified School Districts Los Angeles Region Workforce Investment.
Post on 19-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- A Partnership Los Angeles Unified School District Centinela, Compton, Inglewood, and Lynwood Unified School Districts Los Angeles Region Workforce Investment Boards CSU Dominguez Hills School of Education CSU Dominguez Hills College of Extended and International Education
- Slide 2
- Welcome and Introductions Dr. Anupama Joshi, Acting Dean, College of Professional Studies Dr. Marge Gordon, Dean, College of Extended and International Education Dr. Cindy Grutzik, Acting Director/Associate Dean, School of Education
- Slide 3
- Agenda Understanding the Opportunity: WIBs and the NEG Overview of the FLM/FLGS Program at CSUDH Tuition and Fees Eligibility Q & A
- Slide 4
- Multi-Sector National Emergency Grant
- Slide 5
- Your Opportunity is Here The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB Inc.) has been awarded a $45,080,077 National Emergency Grant to provide re-employment services to about 5,880 workers affected by layoffs from a number of private and public sector employers located in 20 California counties.
- Slide 6
- An Opportunity for a New Career The Los Angeles City and Los Angeles County Workforce Investment Boards have partnered with SBWIB to bring some of these funds to Los Angeles to assist the employees affected by layoffs from specific private and public employers.
- Slide 7
- A Beneficial Partnership Los Angeles City Workforce Investment Board Los Angeles County Workforce Investment Board South Bay Workforce Investment Board Los Angeles Unified School District Centinela, Compton, Inglewood, Lynwood Unified School Districts California State University Dominguez Hills
- Slide 8
- Overview of the FLM/FLGS Program at CSUDH Purpose and Goals: Support LA teachers, including our grads Address the long-term needs of our partner districts and their teachers Provide a streamlined and rigorous program to prepare Math and Science teachers for high school and middle school classrooms.
- Slide 9
- What is a Foundational Level Credential? Foundational Level Math: Teach general mathematics, algebra, geometry, probability and statistics, and consumer mathematics in K-12 Foundational Level General Science: Teach General and Introductory Sciences in K-12 Teach Integrated Sciences K-8
- Slide 10
- Requirements Have a valid CA credential (Multiple Subjects, Single Subject) www.ctc.ca.gov www.ctc.ca.gov Complete a Secondary Teaching methods course Pass Subtests I and II of the CSET in Math or General Science Be recommended for the FLM or FLGS credential
- Slide 11
- Program Plan for FLM/FLGS 7 units of coursework January May 2012 CSUDH Instructors Courses mapped onto the two subtests of the CSET Additional content workshops available Take Subtest I in March Take Subtests I & II in May
- Slide 12
- Foundational Level Math Preparation Review of Essential Concepts in Number and Algebraic Systems for Teachers Review of Essential Concepts in Geometry, Statistics, and Probability for Teachers Instructional Methods for Mathematics Strategies and Techniques for Taking the CSET
- Slide 13
- Physical Science Content and Pedagogy Life Science Content and Pedagogy Instructional Methods for Science Strategies and Techniques for Taking the CSET Foundational Level General Science Preparation
- Slide 14
- Tuition and Fees Babette Wald, Program Director CSUDH College of Extended and International Education All costs for the program will be covered. This includes CSET test fees and credential filing fees through Cal State Dominguez Hills The U.S. Department of Labor National Emergency Grant to California will provide the primary funding If eligible, the Workforce Investment Board may provide additional support services that can include: transportation, childcare, job placement, and/or career counseling. All are eligible for resume help and job search assistance.
- Slide 15
- National Emergency Grant Program Eligibility Must have documentation verifying specific lay-off date Proof of Citizenship & Social Security Card Selective Service Registration & Picture ID Look up on-line at: http://www.sss.gov/records.htmhttp://www.sss.gov/records.htm
- Slide 16
- Next Steps Attend a Program Enrollment Session scheduled by WIB or WorkSource Center Complete Application Package/ Secure Necessary Documents Other Programs Offered by WIBs o Job Search Workshops/Seminars o Resume Review o Job Development o Case Management o Support Services o Skill Enhancement Training
- Slide 17
- Contact Information LA County Workforce Investment Board Tony Herrera (562) 946-2237, x. 248 email@example.com LA City Workforce Investment Board Gary De La Rosa(213) 744-7177 firstname.lastname@example.org South Bay Workforce Investment Board Robert Mejia(310) 970-7747 email@example.com CSUDH College of Extended and International Education Babette Wald (310) 243-3730 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slide 18
- More Resources Websites www.csudh.edu/cps/soe www.csudh.edu/cps/soe www.I-Train.org www.I-Train.org CSUDH Disabled Student Services (310) 243-3660 This equal opportunity program is 100% federally funded through an $18 million grant from the US Department of Labor's National Emergency Grant program. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact the Office of Disabled Student Services.
- Slide 19
- Q & A Be sure to complete the survey. Write legibly!
- Slide 20
- Thank you for coming!
View more >
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL 2013-14_F.docx · Web viewLOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Adapted Physical…
Los Angeles Unified School District Local District ... ?· Los Angeles Unified School District Local…
Los Angeles Unified School District Preparticipation ... ?· s Los Angeles Unified School District Preparticipation…
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT ?· LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION BOND…
Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) ?· Los Angeles Unified School District ... LAUSD Central…
Los Angeles Unified School District Escuela Preparatoria ... Angeles Unified School District Escuela…
Los Angeles Unified School District 079-17-18 Unaudited... · Los Angeles Unified School District Board…
Los Angeles Unified School District Los Angeles, CA 90017 ?· Los Angeles Unified School District ...…
City of Angels School Field Test Los Angeles Unified ... ?· Los Angeles Unified School District Beg.…
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL Angeles Unified School District Safety Instruction Manual Division of Adult…
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Board of ?· LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Board of Education…
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Board of (Charters) Issuance... · LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT…
LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Policy FOR...LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Policy Bulletin…
Los Angeles Unified School District Angeles Unified School District Board of Education Report 333 South…
City Partnership Los Angeles Unified School District and City of Los Angeles Economic and Workforce Development Department.