A Brief History & The Poetics. History Born 384 BCE Student of Plato 347 Moved on Alexander the Great School at Lyceum Death of Alexander in 323/ Aristotle.
out of 9
Post on 18-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- A Brief History & The Poetics
- Slide 2
- History Born 384 BCE Student of Plato 347 Moved on Alexander the Great School at Lyceum Death of Alexander in 323/ Aristotle Escapes Death 322
- Slide 3
- Major Works Logic Physical works Psychological works Works on Natural History Philosophical Works Poetics
- Slide 4
- The Poetics Lies = detriment to society Therefore Imitation is a detriment to Society Untrue =Lie False =Untrue Society Says Imitations =False Catharsis Is necessary for good health Learning Is a great pleasure for everyone. Aristotle Says Imitation is natural and is way to learn
- Slide 5
- Comedy Action : Funny, human weakness, Fanciful. Characters: Common People Plot: Unexpected events, end is happy Focus: Teach a lesson about human limitation Catharsis & Education through empathy.
- Slide 6
- Tragedy Action: Serious, actual doings, high importance Characters: Unique People Plot: Unity, logical events, end is suitable Focus: Nobility of humans, Freedom, knowledge, love Catharsis: education through imitation
- Slide 7
- Tragic Elements: Hero Man Noble or Upper Class or Elevated End up dead or Fundamenta lly changed Flaw
- Slide 8
- Tragic Elements: Fall Encounter great forces Try to go against a set rule or norm Personal character trait
- Slide 9
- Tragic Elements : Plot Realization Fall Resolution
View more >
Aristotle. Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC) was a Greek philosopher, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great. His writings cover many subjects,
Alexander the Great History 4304/5304 Spring ?· Alexander the Great History 4304/5304 Spring 2018 Course…
A History of Later Greek Literature: from the Death of Alexander in 323 BC to the Death of Justinian in 565 AD
Aristotle Robert Hoover A-4 4/29/13. Background Student of Plato and teacher of Alexander The Great. He was a Greek philosopher. Born 384 B.C. Died 322.
Plato on Knowledge. Plato 429-347 BC 429-347 BC Student of Socrates (469-399) Student of Socrates (469-399) Teacher of Aristotle (384-322) Teacher of.
Aristotle on Knowledge. Aristotle 384-322 BC 384-322 BC Student of Plato (429-327) Student of Plato (429-327) Teacher of Alexander (353-323) Teacher of.
How Great Was Alexander the Great? ?? · Alexander the Great Mini-Q ) How Great Was Alexander the Great? ) A mosaic depicting Alexander at the Battle of Iss us, 333 BCE. Overview: Alexander
Aristotle – b. 384 d. 322 BCE Plato’s student at his Academy Wrote on nearly every field Was tutor to Alexander, 342 BCE Founded his own school,
Aristotle on Virtue. Introduction Student of Plato Student of Plato Teacher of Alexander the Great Teacher of Alexander the Great.
Aristotle’s Ethics. Aristotle Lived from 384-322 BCE One of the greatest philosophers of Ancient Greece Student of Plato Tutor to Alexander the.
Aristotle, the Great Teacher (384-322 BCE) Aristotle was student of Plato Studied biology, astronomy, botany, moral philosophy, logic Developed syllogisms.
TRAGEDY AND THE TRAGIC HERO. ARISTOTLE Aristotle – 4 th century BCE philosopher and theorist -Most famous student of Plato -Tutor to Alexander the Great.