7 th Grade Second Six Weeks Review Answer Key (DNA, Heredity, Reproduction, Skeleton, Muscles, & Skin)
Post on 16-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- 7 th Grade Second Six Weeks Review Answer Key (DNA, Heredity, Reproduction, Skeleton, Muscles, & Skin)
- Slide 2
- 2 nd Six Week Test Review 1. What are the five functions of the skeleton? (page 498) a. shape and support b. protect internal organ c. movement d. make blood cells e. store minerals 2. Describe the function(s) of: (pages 499-500) a. bone marrow creates red and whites blood cells b. periosteum provides nutrients for bone c. compact bone stores calcium and phosphate d. spongy bone the cavities and open spaces reduce the weight of the bone and provide areas for red bone marrow e. Haversian canal carries blood into the bone, contains blood vessels and nerves; transport carbon dioxide and waste away from the bone cells
- Slide 3
- 3.What makes a bone hard? Calcium and phosphates make bone hard. 4. What is the smooth, flexible layer of tissue covering the ends of a bone? What is its purpose? Cartilage is the smooth, flexible layer of tissue covering the ends of a bone. Purpose of cartilage is to reduce friction and act as a shock absorb for our bones. 5.How many bones are in the adult human body? 206 6. Name, describe, and give examples of the five different kinds of joints. (page 502) hinge: knee and elbowpivot: head and vertebrae ball and socket : hip and shoulder gilding: wrist and ankle immovable : skull and pelvis saddle : thumb
- Slide 4
- 7. What are the tough bands of connective tissue that hold bone to bone? ligaments 8. What are the tough bands of connective tissue that hold bone to muscle? tendons 9. Be able to label the following bones on a human skeleton: cranium, mandible, clavicle, sternum,humerus, ribs, vertebrae, pelvis, and femur.
- Slide 5
- 10. Study all muscle notes. What are the three types of muscle tissue? cardiacsmooth skeletal a. Which are voluntary (what does this mean?)? Which are involuntary? cardiac : involuntarysmooth: involuntaryskeletal: voluntary b. Where is each type found? cardiac: heart smooth : intestine skeletal: biceps c. What does each type look like? cardiac: striations ( striped ), smooth: no striation( striped ),skeletal: striated ( striped ) 11. Muscles are organs that relax and contract.
- Slide 6
- 12. Review the levels of organization in living things, from cell to organism. cells, tissues, organs, systems, organisms 13. What are the functions of the skin (integumentary system)? protection, excretion, regulates body temperature, synthesize(creates) vitamin D, stores nutrients, detects stimulus and keeps inner tissue from drying out 14.Draw a chromosome. What does it contain (what is it made of)? genes genetic material 15. Where are chromosomes found in a cell? nucleus
- Slide 7
- Matching #16-19 Put the capital letter of your answer from the list below on the each line. 16. C advantage of asexual reproduction (good) 17. D disadvantage of asexual reproduction (bad) 18. B advantage of sexual reproduction (good) 19. A disadvantage of sexual reproduction (bad) A. requires two parents to produce offspring B. diverse (different) offspring, variations within the species allow for the species to adapt C. parent does not need to spend time finding a mate; offspring can be made quickly D. uniform (same) offspring, does not allow for species to adapt to changing environments
- Slide 8
- 20. Who is known as the Father of Genetics and first describe how trait are passed on to offspring? Gregor Mendel 21. Read over your notes, called Notes DNA, Heredity, & Reproduction. 22. Read Chapter 17 and look at the pictures. 23. USE YOUR RESOURCES. STUDY WITH A FAMILY MEMBER OR A FRIEND. Study! Study! THANK YOU! make flash cards!!!!!!!
View more >
th Grade ESL Curriculum Designated Six Weeks: 1 six weeks ... as a Second Language MISD 4th Grade ESL Curriculum Designated Six Weeks: 1st six weeks Text: National Geographic - Reach TEKS/ELPS Assessment ...
Bones, Muscles, and Skin ANSWER KEY - eequalsmcq - Muscles, and Skin ANSWER KEY Bones, Muscles, and Skin Chapter Project Worksheet 1 1. It must be able to grasp, lift, ... How do joints allow movement?
MSS Honor Roll 1st Six Weeks - bhisd.net Roll 1st Six Weeks 6 th Grade 7 Grade 8th Grade Kennedy Alegria Elizabeth Alford Trevor Alsup Jayden Amaya Hank Alvarez Emma
Grade 7 Mathematics Answer Keyinterna ?· 7th Grade MAFS Spiral Review Packet-Answer Key 9 MAFS.7.EE.1.1…
Grade 6 Mathematics Answer Key - Mrs. Yates Page - ?· Grade 6 Mathematics Answer Key . 6. th. ... interprets…
CK-12 Geometry Second Edition Answer Key nbsp;· 7 Geometry - Second Edition, Chapter 7, Answer Key 75 ... Chapter 1, Answer Key 1.1 Geometry - Second Edition, Points, Lines, and Planes, Review Answers