3d animation software
Post on 08-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
3D animation involves a series of important steps - modeling, rigging, animation, texturing, lighting and rendering. Currently it is the most popular technique for creating animation in India, also because of a common misconception that one only needs a computer and software to create animation.
Animationis the process of rendering images in quick succession so as to give an impression of continuous motion. In3Danimation, the images that are used are three dimensional.
TYPES OF 3D ANIMATION
1. Stop motion animation, the3Dcharacters and their backgrounds are designed by hand. First the animator makes an armature or skeleton using metal and then fashions the objects on this using clay, plastic or rubber. Different materials like wood, cloth, hair gel, toothpaste and cotton wool may be used to create finer details.
2. Clay motion is a stop motionanimationusing clay models. The clay is worked on over an aluminum wire frame and shaped with fingers and clay tools. To prevent the sculpted figures from being misshapen in handling, a quick hardening clay is used. Once it has dried, the figures are painted as required.
3. CGI is also used in non-animated movies. Thecomputer graphicscreate scenes that might have otherwise been very expensive or difficult to produce. Some scenes would be even impossible to create without computer generated imagery.
4. Motion captureanimationgoes a step further and makes use of live action. Here, an actor is outfitted with sensory devices that plot the movement and positioning of the actor's joints.
Common 3d animation software
1. 3D Movie Maker(often abbreviated as3DMM) is a program created byMicrosoft's "Microsoft Kids" subsidiary in 1995. Using this program, users are able to place3Dcharacters into pre-made environments, add actions, sound effects, music, text, speech, and special effects then show these movies off to friends, family, and the world.
2. Aladdin 4Dis asoftware programfor modeling and renderingthree-dimensional graphicsandanimations, forAmiga OSandMac OS Xplatforms. Aladdin 4D was originally created by Greg Gorby at Adspec Programming in Ohio, and was an updated version of an earlier 3D program called Draw4D Pro, which integrated elements ofdesktop publishinginto its environment.
3. Anim8oris afreewareOpen GLbased3D modeling and animation programby R. Steven Glanville, asoftware engineeratNevada. Currently at version 0.98, it is a compact program with several tools which would normally be expected in high-end, paid software.
4.Art of Illusionis asoftware packageused for3D modeling,texturing,ray tracing, and otherwiserenderingcomputer generated imagerystills or animations (movies).
5.Autodesk Mayacommonly shortened toMaya, is a3D computer graphics softwarethat runs onWindows,OS Xand Linux, originally developed byAlias Systems Corporation(formerly Alias Wavefront) and currently owned and developed by Autodesk, Inc.It is used to create interactive 3D applications, including video games, animated film, TV series, or visual effects.
6. Motion Builderis a professional 3Dcharacter animationsoftware produced byAutodesk. It is used forvirtual production,motion capture, and traditionalkeyframe animation. It was originally named Filmbox when it was first created by Canadian company Kaydara, later acquired by Alias and renamed to Motion Builder. Alias in turn was acquired by Autodesk.
7. Blenderis a professionalfree and open-source3D computer graphics softwareproduct used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games. Blender's features include3D modeling, UV unwrapping,texturing,raster graphics editing,rigging and skinning,fluid and smoke simulation,particlesimulation,soft bodysimulation,sculpting,animating,match moving,camera tracking,rendering,video editingandcompositing.
8. Bryceis a3D modeling,renderingandanimationprogram specializing infractal landscapes.The name is taken fromBryce Canyona rugged region with many of the same landscapes that were first simulated with the software.
9. Carrarais a full-featured3D computer graphics applicationfeaturing figure posing and editing, as well asnature modeling, in addition to traditional modeling, animation, texturing and rendering. The software is also capable of dynamic hair and fur simulations, particle effects, soft body and rigid body dynamics. Carrara is now owned and developed byDAZ 3D.
10. CINEMA 4Dis a 3D modeling, animation and rendering application developed byMAXON Computer GmbHinGermany. It is capable of procedural and polygonalmodeling, animating, lighting, texturing, rendering, and common features found in 3D modeling applications.
11. Houdiniis a3D animationapplication softwaredeveloped by Side Effects Software ofToronto. Side Effects adapted Houdini from thePRISMSsuite ofprocedural generationsoftware tools. Its exclusive attention to procedural generation distinguishes it from other3D computer graphics software.
12.iCloneis areal-time3Danimationandrenderingsoftware program that enables users to make 3D animated films. Real-time playback is enabled by using a 3D videogame engine for instant on-screen rendering.
13. LightWave 3Dis a3D computer graphics softwaredeveloped byNewTek. It has been used in film, television, motion graphics, digital matte painting, visual effects, video games development, product design, architectural visualizations, virtual production, music videos, pre-visualizations and advertising.
14. Messiah(also known asmessiah: studio) is an award-winning 3D animation and rendering application developed by pmG Worldwide. It runs on theWin 32andWin 64plat forms.
15. MikuMiku Dance, very commonly abbreviated toMMD, is aproprietaryfreeware animation program that lets users animate and create 3D animation movies, originally produced for theVocaloidcharacterHatsune Miku.The MikuMiku Dance program itself was programmed by Yu Higuchi (HiguchiM) and has gone through significant upgrades since its creation. Its production was made as part of the VOCALOID Promotion Video Project (VPVP).
16. Movie stormisreal-time3D animationsoftwarepublished by Movie storm Ltd. The software is available to and used by people of all age groups and appeals to those with a diverse range of backgrounds and interests, from amateur and professional film makers, through to businesses and education, as well as people just looking to simply tell stories or create messages to share using video.
17. Poseris a3D computer graphics programoptimized for3D modelingof human figures. The program has gained popularity due to allowing beginners to produce basic animations and digital images, and the extensive availability of third-party digital models.
18. Shade 3Dis a3D modeling,rendering,animation,3D printingcomputer program was developed bye frontier Japanand published byMirye Software. From 2013 October, Shade 3D development team formed a new company calledShade3D Co.,Ltd.and continue to develop and market the program.
19. Sketch Up(formerlyGoogle Sketch up) is a3D modelingcomputer programfor a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design,civilandmechanical engineering, film, andvideo gamedesign and available in a freeware version,Sketch Up Make, and a paid version with additional functionality,Sketch Up Pro.
20. TheSource Filmmaker(abbreviated asSFM) is a video capture and editing application that works from inside theSource game engine.The tool, created byValve Corporation, was used to create over 50 animated shorts for its Source games, includingTeam Fortress 2, theLeft 4 Deadseries, andHalf-Life 2. On June 27, 2012, Valve released a free open beta version of the SFM to the gaming community via itsSteamservice