2017 SXSW Panel Picker
out of 8
Post on 22-Jan-2018
- 1. 2017 SXSW: High Quality, Low Cost: The future of Ed Materials
- 2. Open Up Resources is a non-profit dedicated to developing high- quality open educational resources aligned to state standards and packaged to include all of the key supports provided with traditional textbooks.
- 3. WHAT WE BELIEVE At Open Up Resources, we believe equal access to coherent and rigorous materials is the foundation of a high quality educationthe kind that empowers all students to achieve their dreams. Our commitment to providing the highest quality instructional resources for every childregardless of first language, special needs, or economic statusdrives improved outcomes for all.
- 4. From what we do to how we do it, we are redefining convention.
- 5. QUALITY STANDARDS Alignment to state standards, with coherence, focus and rigor Unique and "designed in" research based supports for English Language Learners Engaging content for both students and educators, designed for district wide implementations
- 6. OUR PARTNERS The first products being launched into the market are Middle School Mathematics full courses authored by noted mathematician William McCallum and his team at Illustrative Mathematics. DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS:
- 7. MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH
- 8. Larry is the CEO of Open Up Resources, formerly The K-12 OER Collaborative. He brings over 35 years experience in public and private sector technology and education markets to the nonprofit sector. With expertise and experience in education and social program implementations, he has had diverse roles as: EVP K12 North America at Pearson, SVP SLED at HP, SVP and CIO in residence at Sun Microsystems, the first State CIO and Exec Director of the Georgia Technology Authority, and Research Fellow at The John F Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He has testified before legislatures and the Little Hoover Commission of the State of CA, and was a monthly columnist at Public CIO and Government Technology magazines. He brings this corporate, academic and government experience to the not-for-profit world to transform the educational content market.
View more >