1.cdn.edl.io ?· Web viewHinduism is the world’s _____ most popular religion. It originated ... The…
Post on 20-Aug-2018
1. Hinduism is the worlds ___________________ most popular religion.
2. It originated in Northern ________________, near the river ________________, about _____________ years ago.
3. It is the worlds ______________ existing religion, practiced by more than _______% of Indias population.
4. Hinduism has no ______________, it developed out of Brahminism.
5. __________ is the main symbol of Hinduism. It is the sound heard in deepest meditation and is said to be the name most suited for God.
6. The word "Hindu" comes from the name of the river _________________.
7. Hindus believe in a universal soul or God called ________________. Brahman takes on many forms that some Hindus worship as ____________ or goddesses in their own right. Hindus believe that there is a part of Brahman in everyone and this is called the __________________.
8. _______________________ means going through the cycle of repeated births and deaths (reincarnation). Hindus believe that existence of this cycle is governed by ______________________.
9. Hindus believe that the soul passes through a cycle of successive lives and its next incarnation is always dependent on how the __________________ life was lived.
10. ____________________ is the release of the soul (Atman) from the cycle of rebirth.
11. Hindus actually only believe in one God, ___________________, the eternal origin who is the cause and foundation of all existence. The gods of the Hindu faith represent different _________________ of Brahman. These gods are sent to help people find the universal God (Brahman).
12. The most ancient sacred texts of the Hindu religion are written in _________________ and called the ___________________.
13. The three most important Hindu gods (forms of Brahman) are:
Brahma - known as the____________________.
_____________ - Known as the Preserver
_______________ (Siva)- known as the Destroyer.