1 smarthru workflow. - 2 - stwf introduction troubleshooting practices q&a contents
Post on 29-Jan-2016
Embed Size (px)
- * -STWF Introduction TroubleshootingPracticesQ&AContents
- * -ObjectiveDevelop a document Workflow server application that supports workgroup up to 100 people Obtain Competitive Solution for the middle-high end marketing areaObtain a Digital Sending Solution supporting intuitive graphic user interface and flexible extensionObtain a Digital Sending Solution to be extended to Total Document Solution for the futureSmarThru Workflow OverviewWhat is STWFWeb-based application, which converts paper-based information into digital images andsends it directly to several user-defined destinationsDigital Sending Solution is required for middle-high end market There is no solution for Digital Sending such as HP Digital Sending Software for Workgroup, Xerox FreeFlow SMARTsend for Enterprise, etcDoes not have proper solution for the middle-high end productPreparing the Samsung Total Solution for Document Management SolutionBackground
- * -Digital Sending Solution between MFP and Destinationthe key to a streamlined document capture-process-route system.Web based Application for Admin and General userCommunication with Device by SOAP/XML data Supporting the multi users and devicesAllocate the user per deviceManage the Workform per userManage Job History per userSupporting Intuitive User InterfaceEasy creation for Workform Plug-ins of Additional functionality for extensionSupporting extension functionality based on plug-in methodSupport secured data transmitCommunicating with SSL protocol for security between server and deviceProject Concept
- * -Offer a web based application managed through a browser via network without any pre-installation Create and use Workforms per userSupport various user authenticate methods through local or network authentication Manage a history with a grid and graphic analysisSupport backup functionality for safetySupport data transmit under SSL protocol for security between Server and Device and between Server and UserOffer intuitive graphic user interface to create and manage Workform.Support multiple destinations Support Meta Data in WorkformSupport Access control & Group management for each plug-insSupport 3rd Party Application
- * -Email & FaxOCR & FTPColor PrintingOCRFaxPrinterEmailFTPFolder
- * -MFPUserLoginLoad WorkformsScan to SendingCreate Workforms SmarThru Workflow ServerUser23456MFPAdministrator1 Register devices Assign usersUserBasic Workflow Scenario
Device #1User #1Workform #1Device #2User #2Workform #2Device #NUser #NWorkform #N
- * -Network SmarThru Workflow ServerExample) Scan to OCR & Folder scenarioPC6OCRFolderUserCreate Workform as Scan-OCR & Folder2Administrator1 Register devices Assign usersMFPLoginLoad Scan-OCR & Folder WorkformSend imageUser345OCR7Send document
- * -MFPUserLoginLoad Scan-PCFax WorkformSend imageCreate Workform as Scan-PCFax SmarThru Workflow ServerUser2345MFPAdministrator1 Register devices Assign usersExample) Scan to PCFax ScenarioMFPPSTNNetwork7Send document6Send document
- * -PSTNNetworkMFPReceive FaxLoad Fax-Folder WorkformSend imageCreate Workform as Fax-Folder SmarThru Workflow Server2345MFPAdministrator1 Register devices Assign usersExample) Incoming Fax to Folder scenarioPC6Send documentFolder
- * -Example) 3rd Party Application (Available from 2.0)User feels the Device is communicating with 3rd Party Application directlyAdministrator1Register devices3rd Party ApplicationSTWF Server will relay the request and response between Device and 3rd Party ApplicationAfter sending parameters to 3rd Party Application, Device will send scanned data to 3rd Party Application453rd Party Application process scanned data and parameters which were sent from deviceUserSet parameters in User Interface while making Workform2Send Request / Get Response from 3rd Party Application3
- * -Refer to Admin Manual for Installation.
If the previous version of STWF is installed already, then you can see below notice. Then use patch setup in Patch\Setup.exe of installation folder
SmarThru Work Flow (STWF)Installation & Installation
System RequirementsInstallationSetting the LicenseUninstallation
* A faster processor and/or additional memory may increase performance
Select the language
License Dialog box.
Welcome dialog box
Choose Destination Location
Create the Administrator account and Password
* Keep the Admin ID and Password in a secure.
The password can have a maximum 20 letters and case sensitive.
Set the HTTP and HTTPS ports.
* Use the default values unless they conflict with other port number.
Start Copying Files.
Progressing the installation
Progressing the installation
Click the Unblocking
Complete the installation
Launcher the STWF
- * -In SmarThru Workflow service, Workflow means a list of processes connected together in certain order to properly input, transform and transmit data. A Workflow comprises the format of Workform.
A Workform consists of three processes which are categorized as follows: Input process The Input process is responsible for capturing the input data stream. The user can graphically add the Input plug-in into a Workform design by selecting from the list on the left pane of the Workform Manager window . Only one Input plug-in can be assigned to each Workform. Transform process The Transform process is responsible for manipulating, converting, and formatting the data stream. The user can graphically add the Transform plug-in into a Workform design by selecting from the list on the left pane of the Workform Manager window. Only one Transform plug-in can be assigned to each Workform. Transmit process The Transmit process is responsible for routing and storing the data. The user can graphically add the Transmit plug-ins into a Workform design by selecting from the list on the left pane of the Workform Manager window. A maximum of three Transmit plug-ins can be assigned to each Workform.
Each process can include multiple plug-ins. Some plug-ins are installed by default when SmarThru Workfow server is installed. The user can create his own Workforms for the device on the network from the clients computer and accesses to SmarThru Workflow Service with ID and password from the device side and the device retrieves the Workforms list. The user chooses one of them and executes the job. The job is processed according to the contents of the Workform.
- * -Workform Library Workform Library page displays a list of devices managed on SmarThru Workflow server as a gridDisplays devices list
- * -Displays brief device informationDisplays brief Workform information
- * -Workforms are classified into two types: Public and Private. Public Workforms are created only by the administrator and Private Workforms are created by the general users.
Public Workform The administrator creates the Public Workform. General users can utilize it but can not modify the parameter values. General users is allowed to copy the Public Workforms to other devices. Private WorkformThe user can create, modify, copy and delete his/her own Private Workforms.Generic Workform Generic Workform is available only in generic device. Generic Workform can be used in any device. Optional value will be promote or demoted automatically according to device capability.Device Workform Administrators and users can create device workforms Administrators and users can modify or delete their own device workforms. Administrators and users can use device workforms at the specific MFP.
- * -Workform Manager Workform Manager page enables the user to manage Workform graphically. The Workform can be created by integrating plug-ins installed in the SmarThru Workflow server.Can create Workform graphically by clicking plug-ins of left paneDisplays Workforms list createdPlug-ins list
- * -Making Workform
- * -Making Workform with Meta Data
- * -Workform Manager page enables the user to manage Workform graphically. The Workform can be created by integrating plug-ins installed in the SmarThru Workflow server. The plug-ins installed are :Input Scan Fax Email Folder FTPTransform OCRTransmit Email FTP Fax Folder Printer MS SharePoint Windows Fax Database WebDAV
- * -Multiple Inputs and Outputs More Input and Transmit plug-ins can be contained in the Workform Transmit plug-ins can be duplicated
- * -Job History Job History page enables the user to analyze the results of every job. Every Job creates Job Tickets during the execution of the Workform and those information are stored into the database of the SmarThru Workflow server for analysis.Displays Job log (history)
- * -Displays Job log as chart
- * -Job History page enables the user to analyze the results of every job. Every Job creates Job Tickets during the execution of the Workform and those information are stored into the database of the SmarThru Workflow server for analysis.
Job History List On Job History List page, a table is displayed with columns as follows : the user can display specific result of the list by selecting one of t