0756087 fast food
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Fast food offers an easy answer to a busy life. People can get a quick meal, but they often dont think of the health implications that go along with eating a diet rich in fast foods. There are many health problems associated with this poor pattern of eating and in this project I hope to illustrate the pitfalls of such an unhealthy diet.
3. http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre0306l.jpg 4. http://shansenta.blogspot.com/ This is a study done by Gulf News that shows the fast food eating habits of a survey group.This results show that 72% of the survey group eat at a fast food restaurant at least once a week. 5. http://www.wikinvest.com/images/thumb/9/9e/Fast_Food_Market_Share_Bar_Graph.jpg/500px This is a bar graph showing the total revenue made by different fast food corporations in 2007. The McDonalds Corporation was the highest grossing, at $22.8 billion. They beat all other fast food restaurants as well as the Doctors Associates. 6. The average adult is supposed to consume approximately 2000 calories a day.This item is nearly half, and most fast food meals would include fries and a drink, which would up the calorie count significantly. www.abcnews.go.com 7. http://chicagoist.com/attachments/Anthony%20Todd/Fast%20Food%20Nuitrition.jpg 8.
- An estimated 93 millionAmericans are obese
- 400,000 deaths annually are related to obesity
- Everyday 1 in 3 American youth eat fast food
- It has been estimated that 15% of American youth are obese
- Films like Super Size Me (2004) and Fast Food Nation (2006) have been produced and shine more light on the obesity epidemic and the problems with a diet rich in fast food
- Hopefully this media exposure will help to curb the dangerous eating patterns that our Western culture possesses
www.freewebs.com www.moviemachine.nl 10. References