there are 138 pyramids in egypt. 59 in the middle kingdom of egypt. the pyramid of giza...
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- There are 138 pyramids in Egypt. 59 in the middle kingdom of Egypt. The pyramid of Giza is the largest pyramid in Egypt. The smallest pyramid is called Menkaure. Menkaure is 204 feet (61 meters) high. The base measures 339 feet (33.4 meters). It is constructed with limestone and granite.
- Slide 4
- It took about twenty years for each of the Egyptian pyramids to be built. It is estimated that it took 20-40 years for 4- 5000 men to build the Great Pyramid. The smallest pyramid was built for the Egyptian God - Ethapinue the God of war.
- Slide 5
- Tutankhamen was a pharaoh who was crowned pharaoh at the age of nine. He died at a very young age of 21. He was then mummified and had the most expensive coffin made of 300 pounds of gold. He had 5 coffins all in each other, the first coffin was made of lime stone. The second coffin was made of silver. The third coffin was the one that was made of the gold. The forth coffin was also lime stone. The fifth and final coffin was the most beautiful coffin of them all. It was painted and carved in the shape of the body.
- Slide 6
- The sphinx of Giza protects all of the tombs in Egypt. It is one of the most amazing land marks in Egypt. It also is featured in lots of movies all around the world and is normally in English movies. Lots of people from all around the world come to Egypt just to see the sphinx.
- Slide 7
- But Just before you go we have a little quiz for you!!!!! Im going to Egypt
- Slide 8
- How Old was Tutankhamen when he died? 21 Why is the sphinx special? Because it protects all the pharaohs tombs. How many pyramids are there in Egypt? 138 What is the smallest pyramid in Egypt called? Menkaure
- Slide 9
View more >