The Holocaust is the term referred to of the mass genocide of the Jews committed by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, he was Germany’s leader.
out of 61
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- The Holocaust is the term referred to of the mass genocide of the Jews committed by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, he was Germanys leader
- Slide 3
- from 1933 to 1945. It is the killing of approx. six million Europeans, mostly Jews by the Nazi regime and its collaborators.
- Slide 4
- The term "Holocaust," originally from the Greek word "holokauston" which means "sacrifice by fire," refers to the Nazi's persecution and planned slaughter of the
- Slide 5
- Jewish people. The Nazis believed that the Germans were racially superior and that the Jews, inferior were an alien-threat to the
- Slide 6
- so-called German racial community. During the era of the Holocaust, German authorities also targeted other groups because of their perceived "racial inferiority":
- Slide 7
- Roma(Gypsies), the disabled, and some of the Slavic peoples (Poles, Russians, and others). Other groups were persecuted on political, ideological, and behavioral grounds,
- Slide 8
- among them Communists, Socialists, Jehovahs Witnesses, and homosexuals. Hitler believed that all these people stood in the way of his vision of a new
- Slide 9
- German empire that would contain only pure-blooded peoples.
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- The Holocaust began in 1933 when Hitler came to power in Germany Hitlers Nazi Party came to power soon after Germanys defeat in
- Slide 13
- World War I. With total power available to him, he quickly developed a sophisticated police and military force and used them to squelch anyone
- Slide 14
- who criticized his authority. From this authority stemmed the first concentration camp, Dachau, just outside of Munich which started as a
- Slide 15
- political prison camp but evolved over time into a full scale Nazi concentration camp to exterminate Jews and others. Because Hitler believed that all these people stood in the way
- Slide 16
- of his vision of a new German empire that would contain only pure-blooded peoples.
- Slide 17
- On April 1, 1933, the Nazis instigated their first action against German Jews by announcing a boycott of all Jewish-run
- Slide 18
- businesses. The Nuremberg Laws, issued on September 15, 1935, began to exclude Jews from public life. The Nuremberg Laws
- Slide 19
- included a law that stripped German Jews of their citizenship and a law that prohibited marriages and extramarital sex between Jews and Germans.
- Slide 20
- The Nuremberg Laws set the legal precedent for further anti-Jewish legislation.The Nazis then issued additional anti-Jews laws over the next several years. For example, some of these
- Slide 21
- laws excluded Jews from places like parks, fired them from civil service jobs (i.e. government jobs), made Jews register their
- Slide 22
- property, and prevented Jewish doctors from working on anyone other than Jewish patients.
- Slide 23
View more >
THE HOLOCAUST By Katelyn Ann Montag The Holocaust was mostly because of a man named Hitler. Hitler hated the Jews. Hitler was a German. A perfect German.
THE RISE OF FASCISM ADOLF HITLER FASCIST LEADER OF GERMNAY BENITO MUSSOLINI FASCIST LEADER OF ITALY.
THE HOLOCAUST Historical Information. Holocaust Holocaust: The persecution and murder of approximately six million Jews by the Nazi regime. Holocaust:
CENTROPA.ORG Erna Goldman. Early Germany Leader of Early Germany Germany was led by the infamous Adolf Hitler. He is known and recognized for the genocide.
Chapter 13.5-Hitler and the Rise of the Nazi Party-Part IIcf. and the Rise of the Nazi Party –Part II Chapter 13.5. Adolf Hitler Hitler was released from prison after one year Many Germans believed that energetic leader ...
The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in ... 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History ... 39 Adolf Hitler 1889-1945 Political leader Leader of the Nazi party; Leader of Germany
Hitler’s Rain of Terror By: Jesus Garcia. Hitler as a Leader *To the eyes of many Hitler was considered monster, but he was indeed a leader. Not only.
The Nazi Holocaust The Nazis’ genocide of Jews. Contents Def. of Genocide and The Holocaust Jews living in Europe Germany and anti-Semitism Reasons.
1933 - 1945 Chronology of the Holocaust. January 30, 1933 Adolf Hitler is appointed the Chancellor. He is the supreme leader of the NSDAP( National Socialist.
BY LEAH JOHNSTON.. Adolf Hitler was an Austrian born man that became a politician and the leader of The Nazi party. Hitler was a decorated veteran in.
The Holocaust, Part One: The Rise of Adolf Hitler and Holocaust, Part One: The Rise of Adolf Hitler and World War II National Socialist German Workers' Party members, known as Nazis, salute their leader Adolf Hitler (center) in 1930\. Four years later, he became the sole leader of
Adolf Hitler - Henry County School Hitler was the leader of Nazi ... betrayed by civilian leaders and ... (SA), which protected meetings and frequently attacked political ...
CHRONOLOGY OF THE HOLOCAUST - United States ... OF THE HOLOCAUST 29 CHRONOLOGY OF THE HOLOCAUST JANUARY 30, 1933 German President Paul von Hindenburg appointed Adolf Hitler the time, Hitler was leader of the National Socialist ...
Holocaust Overview ?· Web viewin November of 1923, Adolf Hitler, The Leader of the Nazi Party, Leads…